Visit to All Saints Church and Fulham Palace
From 10:00 am
Pryors Bank, Bishops Park, London SW6 3LAAll Saints Church, situated by the Thames and Putney Bridge, dates back to the 13th/14th centuries, and houses a number of interesting and important monuments from 1600 onwards. Ten Bishops of London are buried on site. There is also a newly restored peal of eleven bells, re-hung in a 15th century tower; and tombstones in the churchyard of Granville Sharp (slave trade abolitionist), and other well known figures. The site of Fulham Palace was occupied from Neolithic times onwards, and purchased by the Bishops of London in 704 AD. It has been in continuous occupation since that time, and has played a major role in the history of this country. CLIS member Vernon Burgess, will give us a tour of the church informing us of the development of the site and of the Palace. The timings are 10:100 am at All Saints and 2:00 pm at Fulham Palace. If you are interested in joining us, please contact Graham Hedges.