Who we are
Christians in Library and Information Services: Our website address is: https://www.christianlis.org.uk.
What personal information do we collect?
When you apply to become a member of the CLIS you will be asked to provide certain information. This includes:
• home address
• email address
• telephone number
• work address and position
• CILIP Membership
How this personal information is collected
It is obtained directly from you. The information will be collected via membership forms or online contact forms. At the point that you provide your personal information for membership purposes, we will also request that you provide consent for us to store and use your data. Your consent is required in order to ensure our compliance with data protection legislation.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How your personal information is used
Use is made of your personal information:
• to provide our CLIS activities and services to you;
• for administration, planning and management of our CLIS;
• to communicate to you CLIS activities;
• to monitor, develop and improve the provision of our CLIS activities Messages will be sent by email, other digital methods, telephone and post to advise you of CLIS activities.
Who is your personal information shared with?
Information about you, including your personal information, may be disclosed:
• internally – to committee members and group leaders and secretaries – as required to facilitate your participation in CLIS activities
• to other members – where permission is given member’s details are published in our annual Membership Directory, which is only circulated to current members.
• externally – for direct mailing for the Christian Librarian and for e-mailing of newsletters and the electronic version of Christian Librarian. Where such systems are used, the committee has scrutinised the Terms and Conditions of each supplier and judged that their digital and physical systems and procedures are secure.
• if there is a statutory duty to disclose it for other legal and regulatory reasons
How long we retain your data
Your information will be kept for as long as you are a member or for the whole of the calendar year, whichever is longer.
How your information can be updated or corrected
To ensure the information is accurate and up to date, members need to inform the CLIS as to any changes to their personal information. You can do this by contacting the membership secretary at any time. On an annual basis you will have the opportunity to update your information, as required, via the re-enrolment process. Should you wish to view the information that the CLIS holds on you, you can make this request by contacting the membership secretary. This will usually be dealt with within 14 days of the request being made.
How we store your personal information
Your membership information is held on a database and accessed by committee members.
Your name. email address and general geographical location is stored on the MailChimp system, which is only accessible by CLIS Committee members
Availability and changes to this policy
This policy is available from any committee member and on the website www.christianlis.org.uk. If any material changes are necessary, members will be made aware of this via the newsletter and the website.
If you have any queries about this policy, need it in an alternative format, or have any complaints about the CLIS privacy practices, please contact the membership secretary, Email: [email protected]
24th August 2021