Christian Librarian appears three or four times a year, incorporating the former LCF Newsletter, ISSN 0309-4170. Provides commentary on professional issues as well as news in-depth articles, book reviews and reports on our activities including the annual conference, lecture and visits.
Selected highlights from the Autumn 2021 edition
– Richard Waller: First Word.
– 2021 Annual Conference Address by Mark Woods entitled Telling the Church’s story: the outlook for religious journalism
– CLIS’ 2020/21 Annual Report and Accounts, Robert Foster & Diana Guthrie
– Two Book Reviews: Tim Dowley’s:. “Christian music : a global history”; and “A roomful of Elephants – my first eighty years in the church” by Patrick Forbes.
– A report of the CLIS Memories Event in October 2021, along some personal memories by some of those who attended.
– Tribute to Brenda Dixon who died recently
– “Meeting God in Unexpected Places”, some personal book recommendations, by Richard Waller
Christian Librarian Archive. We are pleased to announce that our journal “Christian Librarian” will be Open Access after a rolling one year. You will find links to previous issues of “Christian Librarian” from Autumn 2008 Issue No. 42 below:Secretary.
The CLIS E-Newsletter is circulated to members several times a year to keep members up to date. It typically includes information on recent activities, details of forthcoming events,news items of interest and website reviews.
Copies of the following are no longer available
- Issues in Librarianship: the Christian dimension. LCF, 1985. ISBN: 1 85169 003 4. Price: £0.75. This booklet explores the main areas in which the Christian faith impacts upon library practice.
- Issues in Librarianship 2: the debate continues. LCF, 1996. ISBN: 1 85169 010 7. Price: £3.00. This booklet contains reprints of the best articles published in our magazines over the last ten years, including our Childrens’ Literature Working Party Report.